Argh. I can’t look at my blog in the same way again. Someone has scarred my perception of my own writing, and I will never have the same confidence again. Or at least till someone else tells me so. But don’t do it because I told you so, do it because you're impressed. I can't help but feel that not many folk are gonna be impressed with all this. Heh.
So anyway, thank you if you're here night after night, checking the latest in adrieland. All 30 or so of you imaginary people who make up my daily hit count. Nothing of much importance has been happening lately, and if I had to paint a picture, it's a plateau of sorts. Well, waiting for the next high, so I can plunge into an abyss and blog all about it. You know you love it when my life goes awry.
Well, I feel more emotionally stable too. Things that used to make my heart skip are starting to slow down. Blame it on realizations, revelations, and something just clicking and accepting. It may be good, or bad.. But I function once again. One more robot unlearns to feel.
Cut to last Sunday//
After church, I met with old high school friends. What started out as an awkward meeting with their girlfriends turned out to be the muchest fun between reunions of old friends in quite a while! Yeah, Jeffrey, Ronald and Richard also came down to EK for Ryan’s birthday party. And well, we took the opportunity to meet up that morning for some good old-natured theme park enjoyment. It’s mad, I have to review for my trigonometry class (what the h*ll?!). But I just had to do it, for old time's sake. We surprised Ryan that afternoon by performing some impromptu songs on the live band area! Asking Tita Janet to come up on the stage was not a piece of cake too. I was touched to see Ryan almost in tears while we were up there dedicating songs to him. He told me afterwards that watching his family, friends and Lea altogether at that moment really made his day. Aww.=) That Sunday, it kinda felt like I was being invited into another family, awkward as it may be, I guess we more or less all warmed up to each other, and it was all good fun, even if it was on the surface. But that kinda stuff doesn’t bother me so much no more.
So we had dim sum, GO-KARTed, walked around the “Kingdom”, had iced café latte, enjoyed the scenery of the busy night and skyline, wet ourselves in the Rio Grande and got dried in the flying fiesta. But I think most importantly, was that we all managed to catch up with one another's lives and how we were all doing. It makes the distance between friends seem real, and it brought to my attention, there's nothing like having friends physically around. It also reminded me of what a great girl Ruth really is. She's probably the kinda girl whereby if you marry, you definitely marry the whole family because they're all so tight. You easily take to Richmond who's like the best younger brother, and yeah.. Hahaha, it just really was all good fun! It's such a privilege to be friends with wonderful people like that. Their folks, aunt and cousins and the ‘girlfriends’ were all great folk.
I miss my folks! But I know it's all good.
So Ryan and Lea, have a last grand super semester! Hopefully we'll see each other soon!
cheers,
Adriel
Tuesday, November 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment